Ermine Syscall Interceptor (ErmineSI) is a platform that allows custom syscall handling.
Do you want
- Instead of one file open another?
- Just for this application use different nameserver?
- Trace all files that your application opens?
All from above and much much more is possible.
What are the advantages?
- Works for any syscalls even those initiated from ld-linux and internal libc functions that will not be intercepted by LD_PRELOAD
- Works for non-filesystem-related syscalls
- Works for both dynamically and statically linked applications
- Don't interfere with LD_PRELOAD
- No need for root privileges at either installation or runtime
- No kernel module is required
All of these are explained in more detail on the Features page.